It’s March, time to spring clean all around the house right? Well maybe not – I’d rather be outside enjoying the warm weather! One job I can get done really quick is cleaning my fireplace doors. I use a Norwex basic package, some water and Norwex Ultra Power Plus laundry detergent (UPP).
Watch how I clean my fireplace doors in less than 5 minutes!
Here are written instructions
- Spray bottle of UPP – Add about 1 teaspoon of UPP to an 8 oz. spray bottle, fill with water. Shake to dissolve.
- Put a wet enviro cloth under the door to be cleaned, this will catch the drips.
- Spray fireplace door with the spray bottle of UPP. Let it sit for about 2 minutes. (The creosote will start to run off the door when the liquid starts to work. This is where your enviro drip cloth comes in handy.)
- Now take your enviro cloth and wipe the door clean.
- You may have to repeat the process if your door is really dirty.
- Use your Purple Polish (Window) Cloth to dry the door to a streak-free shine.
NOW – go take a break! You deserve it for being so smart!
Do you know what’s in the cleaners you use in your home? Think about this…do you REALLY know? Unless you’re making it yourself you don’t. Here’s why…
In the United States there is no federal mandate to tell you what is in the cleaning products you purchase. So even if you see an ingredient list on the product, know that it most probably isn’t a complete list. There are going to be unlisted chemicals in those cleaners. And even worse…there aren’t any testing requirements for chemicals in cleaners!!
The Environmental Working Group has an entire article about the lack of federal oversight.
Now let’s talk about Norwex. Do you need a list of ALL the ingredients in our products? Norwex doesn’t put it on their products, but they do publish those lists for their consultants to access. And I can send any of those lists to you! All you need to do is Ask Me. YAY Norwex!
Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent (UPP) is awesome! But you probably already know that. And don’t forget it is 100% biodegradable, not tested on animals, free of dyes and fragrances, free of fillers, no phosphates or sulfates. In short – it just cleans without harm.
BUT – there are soooo many more things you can do with UPP than just the laundry!! Here are some of the things I do with UPP at my house:
- Put 1 tsp. in an 8 oz. spray bottle and fill. Make sure it’s dissolved and use it for:
- laundry spot pre-treat
- all-purpose cleaner around the house
- clean creosote from your fireplace doors
- spot treat carpet stains
- Carpet cleaning solution (be sure to check manufacturer’s recommendations)
- add to hot water and clean your stove fan filters
- deep clean your Norwex cloths
Do you have any hacks for using Norwex UPP? Reply below…